Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Father’s Day 2011–“I wish that my Dad….”

The second Sunday of August is Father’s Day in Brazil. Antonio preached a wonderful message on the Family. We had 60 people in the service and 11 Fathers present. After the service we had a fellowship with pasteis! (a fried pastry filled with chicken, ground beef or cheese)

                      051

As part of the program we had church people answer questions on little pieces of colored paper and fan-folded them and tied them on a branch. This served as decoration also.

           044045

Near the close of the program Jessica and Lawanda read the papers. Some of them were written with praise and gratitude for their fathers, but many of them were heart wrenching! Things like; “I wish that my Dad….had protected me”. “I wish that my Dad…still lived with my Mom”. “I love my Dad because…well, I can’t say that I love him because he abandoned us and I only met him when I was 13 years old”.  May our Dads learn by the mistakes of others!

No comments: